Corporate Strategy Associate
- Central London
- Attractive salary + blue chip benefits
Our client is a world leading Blue Chip listed group and a constituent of the FTSE100. Due to internal promotion, the company is now looking to recruit a first class Strategy Consultant to join their team in London.
You will work collaboratively with colleagues in the corporate strategy team and business areas. You will spend 30-50% of your time on strategic planning for the group and corporate-wide strategic initiatives. The remainder of your time will be spent working on high value-at-stake strategy projects with the business areas. You will be part of a small and dynamic team that will count on your contribution. This role provides significant exposure to senior executives and presents many possible professional development paths.
Your main accountabilities will include:
- Support preparation of the annual corporate strategy plan - involves communicating requirements to business area strategy teams, conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis on financials and other materials submitted, and developing clear Board communication materials.
- Support / lead groupwide strategic initiatives; these will vary, however past examples include supporting the preparation of a management summit, contributing towards a technology strategy, conducting analysis for an portfolio strategy, opportunity identification in new sectors etc.
- Support / lead business area strategy or business development projects e.g. competitor analysis, portfolio analysis, scenario planning, growth opportunity assessments etc.
- Monitor and analyse markets (sector and geography) to stay on top of market trends, competitor dynamics and regulatory developments, and assess / report on company performance within the markets in which they operate.
- Maintain a competitor / comparator fact base to keep track of competitor performance and intelligence.
- Assist CEOs as well as other Group and business area teams in communicating Group strategy, including preparation of internal and external presentations / reports.
- Extensive experience in strategy / management / financial / economic consulting, corporate strategy, business development or similar roles
- MBA would be advantageous but not a pre-requisite.
- Exceptional analytical skills – both qualitative and quantitative
- Solid experience in leading and delivering projects to senior stakeholders
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail key to this role
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills – written and verbal
- Experienced in developing clear and compelling MS-PowerPoint presentations and Excel models
- Problem solver who has an ability to think creatively
- Internally-motivated, positive and enthusiastic self-starter who will pro-actively drive projects forward
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence - collaborative, collegial working style
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/