Investment Analyst (Nordic speakers) - Private Debt Fund, London
Large Private US Asset Manager
- £75,000 - £100,000
Our client is a large private US asset manager specialising in credit and alternative investments for over 20 years.
Their investment offerings include senior loans, high yield bonds (traditional and short duration), alternative credit/absolute return strategies, private debt and investment grade corporate-plus strategies, across developed and emerging markets.The manager is in the process of launching a new Pan European Direct Lending fund. It is actively deploying capital to corporates, with EBITDA of £3-25m, in the lower mid-market across Europe. Around 60% of their borrowers are private equity owned.
An analyst is required to assist the investment team in analysing, executing and monitoring fund investments. Candidates should expect significant levels of responsibility and direct exposure to borrowers.
- Fundamental Credit Analysis: review Information Memoranda, commercial due diligence reports, broker reports on public competitors, other independent desk top research.
- Financial Analysis: in particular cash flow generation, leverage levels and latest trading.
- Enterprise Value Analysis: for the targeted borrower and other companies in the sector.
- Risk/Return Analysis: expected IRRs and money multiples v. risk.
- Legal Review: assessment of structure and terms.
- Portfolio management and monitoring of existing investments.
- Writing reports for internal and investor purposes.
- Assisting, where appropriate, with new deal origination efforts.
What we are looking for
Candidates should have min. 1 year gained in an analytical role, this could be in long-term internships or full time work. This could include banking or fund management experience in a credit-oriented role, in addition to an accounting firm’ s corporate finance business (lead advisory, transaction services, debt advisory etc). We are seeking people who can demonstrate the following attributes:
- Demonstrable fundamental credit analysis ability.
- Ability to keep to a timetable and deliver timely and accurate reviews.
- Intelligence/analytical background.
- Enthusiasm for working in a small business environment.
- Initiative and adaptability.
- Flexible in assisting with other work.
- Hard working and a good fit for the team.
Walker Hamill has been a leading recruiter of debt and credit investment professionals across in the UK for almost 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including Private Debt, Direct Lending, Credit Opportunities, Mezzanine Funds, Distressed Debt and Special Situations Funds, handling jobs from Analyst to Partner level. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/APPLY FOR THIS ROLE