PE backed educational provider
- Central London
- £28,000 - £32,000 per annum, depending on experience
An exciting opportunity exists for a part-qualified finance analyst to join the Group FP&A team of a private equity backed educational provider. The role will involve supporting the financial planning, forecasting and budgeting processes, business partnering closely with budget holders and providing intelligent financial analysis that facilitates business decisions across the group. The successful candidate will be analytically minded, have strong excel skills and be actively studying towards an accountancy qualification.
Budgeting, Forecasting and Reporting:
- Producing annual budgets and strategic plans, working with the business to build and challenge key assumptions.
- Producing, uploading and checking quarterly forecasts, identify risks and opportunities, understanding trends and providing Key Performance Indicators.
- Report monthly, quarterly, and annual results with review and analysis of key trends to all key stakeholders.
- Management information which reports budget and forecast variances, analysis on performance and profitability, assessing future scenarios and providing recommendation to the business based on analysis.
- At peak periods/absences requirement to assist the wider finance team around month end/year end/group audits
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with non-finance stakeholders across multiple cost centres to understand business drivers and deliver all aspects of reporting and analysis.
- Analyse past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends and make recommendations for improvements. Challenge results and seek opportunities to increase income/ reduce costs.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Identify and drive process improvements
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Providing adhoc financial analysis pre and post month end.
- Actively studying towards an accountancy qualification (ACCA/CIMA)
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with experience of providing financial guidance to non‐financial stakeholders.
- Commercially strong with analytical skills
- Able to work self-sufficiently, problem solve and identify opportunities to add value above and beyond existing process.
- Strong time management skills: ability to prioritise workload, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Positive attitude and motivated by continuous improvement and high quality output
- Attention to detail but able to see the bigger picture
- Knowledgeable user of financial systems such as Microsoft Dynamics AX and TM1 (desirable).
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.