- £20,000 - £28,000 depending on experience
Walker Hamill are always looking for bright and motivated graduates from top tier universities, who are keen to pursue a career in accounting. Successful candidates will have a minimum of 12 months experience working in a busy and dynamic finance team and be interested in studying towards an accountancy qualification. We have a diverse range of clients, covering many different sectors within banking, finance, commerce and industry.
Examples of duties:
- Assist with financial reports for senior management;
- Support the team on the production of management information;
- Support the team with the production of annual financial statements;
- Preparing payment runs, BACS and CHAPS and allocating payments
- Matching, batching and coding high volumes of invoices
- Review bank reconciliations and balances;
- Review and approve cash and credit card expenses;
- Review of general, suppliers and debtors ledgers;
- Ensure invoices are coded correctly and sent to administrators in a timely manner.
- Degree educated with strong academics;
- A minimum of 12 months previous experience within finance
- Strong IT skills – Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- Strong aptitude for numbers;
- Excellent attention to detail combined with strong organisational and time management skills;
- Be efficient, reliable and thorough;
- Able to communicate effectively and adapt to different communication and work styles.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.comAPPLY FOR THIS ROLE