London-based investment group
- £60,000 - £70,000
We are seeking a newly qualified accountant coming from a mid-tier practice firm, with experience across audit and accounts preparation, to join a Family Office as their finance team is built out. Our client has a diverse portfolio with investments split across a number of different divisions including property, entertainment and specialist engineering UK SME businesses.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps into Private Equity to gain hands on experience within a fund finance function. A small and collaborative team will provide the successful candidate with a good introduction to the industry with the opportunity to work with different finance teams across their portfolio companies. There will also be opportunity to support the CFO as reporting structures are established and the portfolio continues to grow.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual statements.
- Assisting with the budgeting and forecasting.
- Assisting with preparation of management accounts.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Ad-hoc assistance to support the CFO.
The role will suit a recently qualified accountant looking to take their first steps out of practice. The ideal candidate will have experience across audit and accounts preparation, other requirements include:
- Degree or equivalent.
- Professional financial qualification ACA/ACCA or equivalent.
- Excellent IT skills, e.g. Excel.
- Analytical mind, focus on high quality and attention to detail, proactive, self-motivator, ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines, ability to work in a small team, independent working style.
- Confident and able to build quality relationships.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Annabel Bateman: email@example.com quoting reference AB52732.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.