Senior Accountant - Temporary
- Temporary & Contract
- £180 - £300 a day, depending on experience
Walker Hamill are always looking for hard-working and motivated qualified accountants with strong Media and SAP experience. Successful candidates will either have strong post-qualification experience within a fast-paced Finance team and a strong technical background in practice or will be newly qualified with experience within the media industry. We have a broad client base, ranging from FTSE 100/250 blue-chip organisations to private equity-backed small to medium-sized businesses, and are always on the lookout for strong candidates with either commercial or technical skill sets.
Responsible for accounting and reporting processes, such as managing revenue recognition, manual invoicing process, revenue accruals, and deferred income.
Close liaisons with the US and local EMEA teams, to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes.
Preparation of quarterly accounting and reporting of the P&L, balance sheets and other financial reports.
- Fully qualified - ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent.
- Previous retail, media or blue chip experience a distinct advantage.
- Previous experience using SAP accounting software is essential.
- Excellent Excel skills will be essential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working effectively with multiple teams.
- Ability to use excellent interpersonal skills in order to establish effective working relationships across all levels of the organisation.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: onlinejobs@email@example.com quoting reference AK1105.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please www.walkerhamill.com.