Management Accountant - Part Qualified
- Central London
- £35,000 to £40,000 depending on experience
Our client, an established retail brand, is looking to hire an experienced Management Accountant into their London Finance team due to recent expansion. Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will ensure all that accounts are effectively managed and take responsibility for the full range of finance-related activity. This role is perfect for an ambitious Management Accountant who is actively working towards an accountancy qualification and eager to progress their career.
- Management of the purchase ledger from invoice processing, payment processing and supplier reconciliations to liaising with suppliers as necessary.
- Management of the sales ledger, especially with regard to debt collection.
- Management of the cash book, including all bank reconciliations and expense/credit card reconciliations.
- Management of the general ledger.
- Produce timely and reliable management information reports on a monthly basis, including cash flow in collaboration with the CFO.
- Investigate variances against budgets and provide analyses of differences.
- Produce timely reporting for monthly board meetings and quarterly investor reports.
- Oversee and complete salon stocktakes, ensuring the control and reporting of stock levels.
- Managing the fixed asset register.
- Manage, in conjunction with the Operations & Supply Chain Co-Ordinator, necessary financial reporting on the supply chain from SAP By Design.
- Manage the outsourced relationship for payroll preparation, as well as any necessary payment and reporting requirements.
- Prepare VAT returns and other external reporting.
- Review/assist with statutory reporting including tax returns.
- Assist in the annual audit and preparation of statutory accounts.
- Draft the annual budgets and cash flow in collaboration with the CFO.
- Part-qualified Accountant (studying towards ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Educated to degree level with excellent academics.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Adaptable team player with a hands on approach.
- Experience in a multi-currency manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Knowledge of SAP By Design or Xero is desirable, but not essential.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference AK50966.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.