Fund Finance Assistant
- £25,000 - £27,000 per annum, depending on experience
Our client is a leading investment management firm based in the City. To support their ongoing growth, they are seeking a motivated and ambitious graduate with a placement year in accounting, who is passionate about pursuing a career within financial services. The successful candidate will act as a primary member of the team, contributing to the daily support of fund and group entities.
- Process payments and coordinate payment runs on a weekly basis.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- File bank statements and invoices.
- Raise invoices for fees and recharging relevant expenses.
- Maintain the cashbook for bank transactions.
- Post cash journals from the cashbook.
- Assist with calculations and preparation of management accounts.
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances.
- Assist in the preparation of year-end audit files.
- Assist with compiling supporting documents for year-end audits.
- File confirmation statements to Companies House.
- Timely and accurate preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns.
- Assist with review of annual corporate and partnership tax computations.
- Prepare investor drawdown, equalisation and distribution notices.
- Prepare quarterly investor statements.
- Assist with ad-hoc investor requests.
- Degree educated with strong academics (2:1 or above at university) looking to study for an accounting qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA).
- Quick learner, with the confidence to work autonomously.
- Passionate about a career within financial services.
- Diligent work ethic and ability to prioritise the processing of large volumes of transactions.
- Strong Excel skills with strong attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AK51235.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.