Senior Cash Accountant
Global Media and Entertainment Company
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £180 - £250 per day, depending on experience
Our client, a leading global media and entertainment company, is looking for a part-qualified Cash Accountant to join their London-based Finance team on a temporary basis. The role will be focused on supporting the Cash Manager in the oversight of daily operational tasks whilst partnering with the wider accounting teams on activities related to cash processes. The successful candidate will be a part-qualified Accountant with a strong background in cash accounting and experience using SAP.
- Monitor and review the clearing of incoming and outgoing cash payments.
- Evaluate and monitor aged open items in both SAP cash clearing accounts and ledgers.
- Prepare and review month-end bank reconciliations and aged open item reports.
- Support the Cash Manager in the overall preparation of monthly and quarterly accounts, including the co-ordination of all schedules, reconciliations and reporting packages.
- Monitor controls over manual cash payments
- Complete trial balance reporting packs on all bank and cash reconciliations, ensuring that all reconciliations are accurately performed and in compliance with control standards.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of process improvements that will lead to improved efficiencies and controls in the Cash Accounting team.
- Support the wider business on any ad-hoc duties, which may include tasks relating to AP, AR and cash accounting.
- Part-qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) / Accounting Technician.
- Strong educational qualifications, with an accounting background and experience in cash accounting.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience using SAP.
- European language skills highly desirable – i.e. German, French, Italian, Spanish, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish or Dutch.
- Experienced performing bank reconciliations and an understanding of all bank and cash transactions.
- Experience with internet business banking, bank mandates and other banking correspondence would also be preferable.
- Some management experience would be advantageous.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: email@example.com quoting reference AK51347.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.