Global Media and Entertainment Company
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £120 - £180 per day, depending on experience.
Our client, a leading global media and entertainment company, is seeking a Cash Accountant to join their London-based Finance team on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing cash accounting activities and reconciliations for multiple EMEA markets, producing timely and accurate analysis and reports. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual with strong academics and previous experience within the accounting function of a large corporation.
- Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliations as assigned.
- Investigate and resolve open variances or discrepancies on reconciliations.
- Review and post various journals on a daily to monthly basis.
- Review weekly and monthly reconciliations and present to Cash Manager for approval upon review.
- Review all journals, accruals, and monthly postings for all EMEA markets.
- Ensure compliance with SOX and all internal controls.
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external interim and year end audits, assist Cash Manager with all audit deliverables.
- Completing trial balance reporting packs on all bank, cash and inter-company reconciliations, ensuring that all reconciliations are accurately performed.
- Supporting the wider Transactional Processing team on any ad-hoc duties, which may include tasks relating to AP, AR, cash, intercompany or fixed assets.
- Strong academics (bachelors degree or equivalent).
- Experience in a similar large corporate company within an accounts-focused role.
- Strong Excel skills are essential.
- Strong technical skills, especially in business process modelling and systems.
- SAP experience is required.
- Demonstrable background in performing bank reconciliations and an understanding of all bank and cash transactions.
- Experience with internet business banking, bank mandates, and other banking correspondence would be desirable but not essential.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to report to tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as necessary.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AK51348.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.