- £25,000 - £28,000 (depending on experience)
Our client, an award-winning architecture firm, is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their London-based Finance team. Reporting to the Finance Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for purchase ledge activities such as invoicing, liaising with creditors and suppliers, alongside twice-monthly payment runs. This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven Accounts Assistant with at least two years of proven experience in reconciliations and payment runs who is looking for a new challenge.
- Responsible for the timely and accurate management of the purchase ledger.
- Check invoices against purchase orders.
- Check payments are accurate and approved.
- Run the ‘aged creditors’ report and allocations.
- Check and file incoming statements and paid invoices.
- Process and reconcile monthly company credit card statements.
- Process staff expense claims and seek appropriate approvals.
- Monitor petty cash.
- Take responsibility for banking/cash book management.
- Perform the twice-monthly pay-run for supplier payments via BACS/international payments.
- Responsible for processing pre-payments and accruals.
- Prepare VAT return and reconciliations (quarterly).
- Assist with preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Assist with monthly & year-end payroll process as required.
- Degree in accounting/finance.
- Minimum 2 year’s accounts experience within a similar position.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Ability to take the intiative and to work pro-actively.
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise workload and adhere to tight deadlines.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AK51531.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.