Payroll and Benefits Manager
- Central London
- £42,000 - £50,000 (depending on experience)
Our client, one of the fastest-growing global technology companies, is looking for a Payroll and Benefits Manager to join their London-based Finance team. This is a newly created position due to recent growth, managing the full outsourced payrolls and benefits function for EMEA and APAC. Over the course of the next twelve months, the successful candidate will take full responsibility and ownership for bringing the UK function in-house, overseeing the project from conception to implementation. Currently circa 130 employees, due to grow to over 200 by the end of 2021. The ideal candidate will need experience in bringing a payroll function in-house.
- Oversee the outsourced EMEA and APAC payroll.
- Manage the implementation of an in-house UK payroll and benefits system for all employees.
- Manage payroll workflows and internal controls to ensure the end-to-end process are accurate and received on time.
- Ensure that all processes are properly actioned and are both compliant and in line with company policy/legislation, alongside ensuring all employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Manage external stakeholders and ensure that correct payments are made and appropriate information provided to third parties, such as HMRC and other statutory and pension scheme providers.
- Take full responsibility for all year-end returns to HMRC – PSA, P11Ds & P60.
- Produce the monthly payroll journals and month-end payroll reconciliation, including company benefits and pensions contributions.
- Take full ownership and manage all employee benefits.
- Relevant experience in a similar position across EMEA and APAC.
- Experience implementing an in-house payroll function.
- CIPP qualification is desirable.
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite and IRIS (CascadeGo) HR systems.
- Advanced level of excel skills required.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker, enthusiastic, inquisitive and detail-oriented.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and see the bigger picture.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AK51740. Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.