Interim Corporate Financial Controller
- Temporary & Contract
- £70,000 - £75,000 + benefits, depending on experience
Our client, an established fund manager of infrastructure assets, is seeking a Financial Controller to join their Corporate team for an initial 12-18 month contract. This role has come about due to the continued growth of the firm's assets under management and the geographic expansion of the business. The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant, with at least three years' post-qualified experience, who will act as a key member of the Corporate Group function.
- Preparation and review of the month-end reporting process for the UK and international entities, covering areas such as cash, revenue, debtors, and accruals.
- Oversight of the Accounts Payable function and responsibility for employee expenses.
- Oversight of key tax returns including corporation tax, VAT, and employment taxes.
- Preparation of regulatory submissions.
- Participation in key finance change projects and identifying any process improvements to drive the efficiency and efficacy of the team.
- Provide assistance during the year-end audit process, including the production of various statutory financial statements.
- Ensure the maintenance of a robust control environment by aiding the design, implementation, and monitoring of controls.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) with 3+ years' post-qualified experience.
- Background in the asset management/alternatives industry is preferable.
- A self-starter capable of using their initiative.
- Systematic approach in analysing and solving problems with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles, regulatory standards and efficient financial processes.
- Strong Excel skills are essential and experience using SUN will be advantageous.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AK52058.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.