- £50,000 per annum
Our client, a high-end retailer, is looking for a Project Manager to join their London-based team to establish a new Project Management function. This position has come about due to the continued growth of the business and will coordinate the core elements of production, design, manufacturing, shipping, and procurement. The successful candidate will report to senior management and look to drive efficiency through effective management and resource allocation. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone highly organised with broad project management experience, looking for the next step in their career.
- Develop the project management function of Production to ensure maximum performance, providing purpose, direction, and resource planning.
- Lead projects from design/costing, through to scheduling, budget estimations, and project implementation plans.
- Coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects go to plan and defined budgets, in collaboration with the rest of the team.
- Establish a reporting framework.
- Lead weekly production meetings, setting the agenda and ensuring that all relevant points are covered.
- Lead workshop meetings to ensure work is prioritised in the correct order.
- Establish and maintain processes to manage scope over the project lifecycle, setting project quality and performance standards across multiple projects.
- Identify production delays and establish ways to improve workflow.
- Direct the Procurement function to better support production.
- Regular reporting to senior management on job progress and establish areas of risk and improvements.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate management channels as needed — escalating issues as necessary based on project work plans.
- 4+ years of project management experience (preferably in manufacturing).
- Strong Excel knowledge.
- IT literate.
- Proven success working with all levels of management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- An ability to manage and progress multiple projects and ensure agreed deadlines are met.
- Financially aware with an ability to manage costs.
- PMP/PRINCE II.
- Sage manufacturing and CIM50 (or other resource planning tools).
- Previous success in producing deliverable software platforms.
- Strong attention to deadlines and budgetary guidelines.
- Experience developing in-house platforms for internal processes.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Alexis Kirby: email@example.com quoting reference AK52405.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.