Head of FP&A
International Division of a Global UK Listed Group
- Bury St Edmunds
- £competitive + bonus + benefits
Our client is a highly profitable and international division of a fully listed specialist business. They design, manufacture and distribute technically advanced products which give their customers total confidence in the equipment they operate in their respective markets. The division employees circa 500 people across the UK, US and South America and has a turnover of over £100m with a healthy profit margin.
The division now has a requirement to bring in a high calibre FP&A candidate as a right hand person to the Finance Director with responsibility for providing high quality KPI's. The Head of FP&A will have responsibility for identifying and understanding trends and key issues that impact the financial performance of the business, and for providing clear, insightful analysis to stakeholders including the Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and Group plc management. Working within an established Divisional finance team, this newly created role will play a key part in embedding a proactive, business-focused approach to FP&A throughout VPS. They will take the lead in co-ordinating the annual and reforecast planning processes, as well as the weekly and monthly management reporting processes. This is a high-profile role with regular interaction with senior management and therefore we require a capable individual with commercial acumen, who is able to work with finance and non-finance colleagues across a multi-national business to improve processes, implement change, and drive performance.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Lead the delivery of clear and concise monthly reporting and results analysis for Divisional SLT and Group management.
- Own financial aspects of the annual budget, reforecasts and strategic plans, providing analysis and commentary on key drivers, risks and opportunities. Co-ordinate reporting and forecasting processes to deliver high quality materials in line with reporting deadlines
- Lead the delivery of robust analysis to explain and drive financial performance. Proactively approach financial planning and analysis, clearly understanding issues within the business and actions to mitigate them.
- Design reports and templates to highlight key performance indicators and generate clear and uncluttered information for senior management.
- Embed robust process for tracking capital investment (including NPI) and for conducting post investment reviews.
- Work alongside colleagues to embed an effective business partnering approach with other functions and with Divisional SLT.
- Support external financial reporting process as required.
- Ad hoc support to Divisional Controller and Finance Director as required.
We are seeking a fully qualified accountant with at least five years PQE and previous FP&A experience in an international manufacturing business. You will have shown strong career progression to date, have excellent commercial experience and strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You will be an expert user of Excel, PowerPoint and financial database products and have a demonstrable track record of identifying and delivering improvements in business performance through business partnering. We are after a proactive and responsive approach and someone who is capable of planning and managing multiple work streams, with the drive and energy to work within tight deadlines. It is imperative that the candidate has the ability to step back and see the big picture, as well as deep dive into details to understand drivers and reasons. You will need strong team orientation, with enthusiasm and positive leadership style that will engage and motivate others. In addition you will possess strong communication skills, with proven record of financial report writing and preparation of senior management level materials.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Andrew Steele: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AS50130.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.