PE backed Multi-site business
- £70,000 - £90,000 + bonus + benefits
Our client is largest provider of its kind in the UK. The business has several hundred sites across multiple cities and continues to grow as they cater for an ever increasing demand in the market. The business maintains high brand standards across the portfolio with a focus on customer service and enjoyment. Having already raised a significant amount of equity with a large amount of additional funds put aside for future growth, the company is well positioned to grow and go from strength to strength in offering a high quality product to its customers.
Due to some changes in the team, we are now looking for a number one in finance to act as a Financial Controller reporting directly to the CEO and with regular contact with the PE investor. The Financial Controller will lead and manage all aspects of financial and management accounting and financial controls and reporting including the following duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare, review and present investor information and all other financial and business documents as may be required from time to time for the approval of the CEO and Board of Directors
- Implement / improve effective controls and systems in the Company with which to report the current performance of the business against the Financial Plan and relevant budgets. To aid in the preparation of a new budget with the CEO and board.
- To present monthly management accounts for the Company on a timely and accurate basis. To conduct ad-hoc financial analysis of company performance and provide key KPI’s to the CEO and the Board of Director
- To manage debt compliance covenants and cashflows.
- Regulate, supervise and implement a timely, full and accurate set of accounting records reflecting the Company’s activities in a manner commensurate with the relevant legislation and regulation in the UK and subject to internal guidelines set from time to time by the CEO and Board of Directors.
- Lead monthly reporting across the business and where necessary streamline the processes in order to work efficiently in a high transaction environment.
- Alert the CEO and Board of Directors regarding any irregularity, lack of compliance, lack of adherence and problems, whether actual or potential, concerning the financial systems, the financial operations, the financing plans, the accounting, the audits, the budgets and any other matter of a financial nature or which could or does have a financial or compliance implication.
- Implement continuous financial audit and control systems to monitor reporting, performance, cash flow models, flow of funds, the adherence to budget, the expenditures, income, the cost of sales and other budgetary items.
- Collaborate with and coordinate the activities of outside suppliers of financial services hired or contracted, including accountants, auditors, financial consultants, banks and other financial suppliers.
- Initiate or engage in all manner of activities, whether financial or other, conducive to the financial health, the growth prospects and the fulfilment of investment plans including: investor relations, credit control / invoicing / cash management.
- Prepare for and manage the year end and work with Student Cribs and Mansford’s auditors for the annual audit.
- As a member of the head office team, to contribute actively to the company’s financial strategy and development plans.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant with significant post-qualification experience, operating at a Senior Manager level. You will have thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and have experience of working in either Property, Retail, Leisure or Hospitality or another multi-site sector business. Previous experience in a high volume transactions would be beneficial with the ability to balance complex detail with wider commercial matters. You will have ideally previously been through a period of change or growth that included establishing new processes and procedures and recruiting, motivating and developing a team of professional staff. The Financial Controller will need to possess excellent presentational skills, both verbal and written coupled with strong analytical skills. You will be solution driven with sound problem solving skills and a creative approach with the ability to develop new ideas. Excellent accounting software user and administration skills and a working knowledge of Quickbooks would be advantageous. This is an excellent opportunity to join a business still on the upward trajectory with genuine scope to progress into a fully-fledged Finance Director in the future.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Andrew Steele: email@example.com quoting reference AS50426.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.