Senior Manager, Business Risk & Controls
- £60,000 - £80,000 + benefits
Our client was founded to provide an innovative solution to a lack of affordable, high quality provisions for childcare in the UK. The business has a turnover of in excess of £400m and operates across three continents and is the leading provider of day care provisions in the UK.
Having grown rapidly in the last 15 Years the CFO has already hired a number of new additions to the business and now needs to bring in a high quality Manager or Senior Manager for Business Risk & Controls. The role will directly report to the Head of Business Risk & Controls in the UK, but would have contact with the US and the UK based International CFO.
The key responsibilities in the role include:
- Mange financial audits related to Sarbanes-Oxley independently at various company locations
- Supervise the coordination of the SOX certification, processes and key controls with Business Process Owners
- Drive and lead the business through SOX compliance including technical change assessments in financial areas impacting SOX compliance
- Advise and mentor the business through SOX remediation action plan
- Drive continuous improvement which leads to a streamlined, effective compliance and testing program to deliver to management
- Supervise the liaison with the external Auditors where appropriate
- Manage risk-based audits from planning, developing audit programs, testing, to reporting stage and identify design gaps and operating effectiveness.
- Manage the team who undertake design and operational effectiveness testing on higher risk controls within the Business process streams including assurance over completeness and accuracy of relevant reports
- Lead the projects of developing policies and procedures for different processes and for SOX purposes
- Continual development of procedures and practices, improving current methods and keeping up to date with changes within the business, financial regulations and the market place.
- Manage investigations arising from instances/suspicions of fraud or theft
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as required.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIA, CPA, or equivalent) with internal controls experience. You will ideally have at least three years internal audit; either within top ten practice or a large corporate environment within industry. You must also have prior experience of performing risk based audit and auditing controls within companies of equivalent size.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Andrew Steele: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference AS50540.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.