Finance Business Partner
PE Backed, Multi-site Leisure & Entertainment Group
- £60,000 + bonus + benefits
Our client is has been established nearly 30 years in the UK and has since grown into the world’s number one company in its sector. They now operate some of the world’s most iconic venues with over 50 across Britain, the US and Germany. They operate venues across the UKs major cities including London, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Liverpool, Manchester and many more. This is an exciting opportunity to join a private equity backed, multi-site, entertainment business who are continuing to grow in the UK and internationally.
As a result of internal promotion, we are looking for a very commercial qualified accountant to move into a business-facing role with the opportunity to partner a number of key players in the division and lead the development of MI reporting and data analytics to support and drive commercial decisions.
As part of the role, key responsibilities will include:
- Business partnering senior stakeholders across the business and identifying opportunities for maximising profitability.
- Assimilate and interpret data to inform commercial decision making and devise business cases to support commercial opportunities.
- Producing and improving budgets and forecasts, monthly management accounts.
- Provision and analysis of Data in regards to sales forecasting and cost analysis.
- Work with the Divisional Director and Heads of Department to establish reporting opportunities and improvements; scoping, designing and taking responsibility for delivering automated reports that inform stakeholders and drive profit.
- Lead the development of forecast models in TM1 and improve trend and lead indicator analytics to highlight issues to senior management.
- With the support of a Finance Analyst, provide financial support to UK Division as required for ongoing and ad hoc projects; e.g. modelling value of potential Producer deals, developing methodologies for assessing marketing effectiveness and profitability, and sizing opportunities for maximising market share.
- Support the Senior Finance Business Partner to provide analysis and insight to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Manage and assist in the development of the Finance Analyst.
- Act as the sole Finance Manager for a number of their key departments.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the accuracy of the new TM1 forecast model.
- Develop trend and lead indicator analytics to highlight issues to senior management.
- Be the lead on validating data integrity for all Financial reporting.
- Develop and maintain existing forecast and budget models.
- Communicate regularly with different managers and stakeholders.
- Take the lead in improving existing reports.
- Play a central role in the commercial finance function by taking the lead in developing and automating MI reporting and analytics for ATG’s UK Ticketing business. Create, analyse, interpret and validate using techniques for data integrity to ensure MI is correct and relevant.
The idea candidate will be a graduate qualified accountant with either an ACA/ACCA or CIMA qualification. You will have excellent understanding of database structures and development methodologies, strong financial modelling skills and business case development. Candidates will need to have strong intellect combined with attention to detail and be well organised and process driven. We are looking for a straight forward, open personality with an enthusiastic, positive attitude towards work and the wider team. You will need confident and clear verbal and written communication skills and have the ability to influence senior stakeholders in the group. The ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running, get up to speed quickly to deliver results in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround environment. The candidate should have advanced excel and have knowledge of Finance Systems, in particular TM1 would be a distinct advantage.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Mark Richards: firstname.lastname@example.org Andrew Steele: email@example.com quoting reference AS50553.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.