Head of Business Partnering - Commercial
- West London
- £Six figure base + car + benefits
Our client is a professional services company that helps organisations across 180 countries to realise their full potential in both their people and their products. The business has a strong heritage and successful track record of challenging mediocrity and complacency to help embed excellence into a variety of companies by showing them how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth. Their clients vary from some of the world's largest and most successful brands to local small businesses the world over. The company have enjoyed some significant growth in recent years and as a result, have doubled in size to circa £500m turnover.
As a result of a structural shift to a more customer focussed matrix organisational setup, we are looking for a new senior Head of Business Partnering to support the Group Head of Business Partnering and the Group Commercial Director. This is a new position and will head up commercial finance for the Group Commercial function, leading the finance business partner team providing support to the sector management teams and to act as the finance lead/Finance Director for the Group Commercial Director. The role will report into the Group Head of Business Partnering and will work closely with key stakeholders within the commercial function, in particular supporting the Group Commercial Director, the Heads of Sectors and their central teams and the Global Head of Marketing. The role is also responsible for coordination with the Regional Commercial Directors and their related finance business partners and collaboration with FP&A teams located in the regions.
You will be a key lynchpin in the Group Finance leadership team and will help drive a finance business partnering approach and commercial finance excellence. There is significant opportunity for the role holder to demonstrate future potential and move internally within the business.
In addition, your key responsibilities will include.
- Managing proactive finance involvement and challenge in all key group commercial decisions.
- Be the finance lead on business enhancing projects led by the Group Commercial function. It is anticipated that the role holder will be involved in a number of ongoing business projects at any one time (e.g. commission schemes, MSA, Sales reporting, marketing spend ROI and planning process).
- Review, analyse and understand current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of sales, revenue, gross profit and contribution to highlight trends and analysing causes of unexpected variance.
- Support the Executive team management in monitoring the performance in each of the business’s key products/markets.
- Support the Group Commercial Director and the sector heads in the development and articulation of a short and medium term strategy and providing the financial input required to that process.
- Leading a team of finance business partners through coaching, guiding and where necessary instructing towards best practice finance business partnering.
- Represent finance in stream meetings, including forecast, budget and strategic plan review meetings with the Group Executive.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement aimed at improving commercial awareness and better / well-informed decision making through business/industry/market analysis.
- Review financial evaluations of new products/projects/business decisions & alternative scenarios, providing insight to the commercial leaders.
- Control and manage the development of financial models and analyses to support strategic initiatives.
- Challenge month-end performance and work with the streams to address gaps or initiate improvements.
- Creation of reporting and control outputs to support a fluid and emerging organisation structure.
- Identify Risks/Opportunities and provide plans/ideas to mitigate them.
- Responsible for in-depth analysis to be provided to the Senior Management Team and Departments heads.
- Prepare presentations for Senior Management Team meetings.
- Engagement in the review of potential acquisitions and subsequent integration.
- Work collaboratively with Streams and Regional sector FP&A teams.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA or equivalent) with significant post-qualification commercial finance experience, ideally gained in a professional services environment. You will be a confident and exceptional communicator with the ability to business partner across finance and non-finance leaders. You will have International experience and have worked in a similar-sized or larger organisation operating a matrix structure or something similar. You will be a strong leader with the ability to build a finance business partnering team and previous experience as a manager of business partnering teams is desirable. The business is going through some significant change and transformation so they require someone who has previously had involvement in a change environment and has been instrumental in delivering on a growth strategy. You will be a team player with a hands-on ‘can-do’ proactive attitude with a consultative and collaborative approach and style. You will need to be confident in building processes and procedures, coupled with the ability to build lasting relationships with business leaders and managers of commercial functions such as Sales & Marketing.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Andrew Steele: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference AS51029.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we also have additional offices in continental Europe. For further information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.