Senior Business Partner Risk Assurance
FTSE 250 Manufacturing Company
- Remote & Paddington
- £75,000 + car + bonus + benefits
Our client is FTSE 250 market leading component manufacturing business producing a substantial range of products for a wide variety of industries and applications. Made up of three global divisions and operating in over 30 countries across 4 continents, the business is able to provide seamless service through its extensive manufacturing facilities, distribution centres, research and development and multiple sales and service locations.
As a result of increased demand for audit and risk governance in the business, there is a need to for an additional high calibre individual to join the Group Assurance team and help with the management and delivery of internal audit and risk management work globally. This will principally require managing and undertaking internal audit work as set out in the annual internal audit plan with other responsibilities include working with the Audit Committee, Risk Management Committee and other senior management in the identification, assessment and management of risks to the group’s current and future business.
Key responsibilities and priorities for the Senior Business Partner Risk Assurance will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Deliver comprehensive risk-based internal audits which evaluate the effectiveness of controls in place to manage risks to the organisation.
- Prepare and present papers at senior stakeholder forums including the Audit Committee, Group Risk Committee and Group Management Committee.
- Monitor, review and update the assessment of the control environment, keeping abreast of significant control issues, trends and developments.
- Report findings as a result of internal audit work to management and continue to monitor and consult on improvement where necessary.
- Produce balanced, concise and value adding internal audit reports highlighting control weaknesses and agreed improvement actions.
- Liaise with the co-source partner and the Group’s external auditors in order to co-ordinate and achieve maximum value from audit resources.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with management across the business.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Internal Audit best practices and apply these where relevant.
- Support in managing the Group’s risk management activity and monitoring processes.
- Support the business in the identification, measurement and management of risks via the Group’s Risk Management framework.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Risk Management best practices and apply these where relevant.
- Support the Group’s Risk Management review and reporting activity.
The ideal candidate with be a graduate qualified accountant or equivalent, preferably from one of the leading accounting practices. You will have had at least five years experience in internal audit and risk, preferably with some of this outside of practice although straight from the profession will also be considered. Previous experience in manufacturing would be desirable, but not essential and a foreign language would equally be advantageous. You will need to be an excellent communicator, have a flexible approach and posses the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team. This role offers the opportunity to not only further enhance your audit and risk credentials and experience, but also the opportunity to move internally within the business either within the UK or Internationally. Although based in Milton Keynes, there will be some flexibility on working location when not travelling and you will be expected to be able to travel Internationally for up to 30% of the time when the ability to do so returns.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, contact Andrew Steele quoting reference AS51429.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see the Walker Hamill website.