Group Finance Director
Sports & Leisure products
- Hertfordshire (M1)
- £Six-Figure + car allowance + bonus + options package
Our Client is a highly entrepreneurial business built up over the past twenty years, with an international footprint including offices in the US, Asia and a UK headquarters. Current revenues are c. £25m, projected to rise to £35m this year. With major international customers, the business is in a great position to build on its success through organic and inorganic strategies, with the target of a possible ‘event’ in 3 to 5 years.
The Group Finance Director will play a key role in supporting the CEO and the board in helping to deliver the business strategy, whilst at the same time remaining very ‘hands on’ with accounting and ultimately tasked with delivering a best-in-class finance function.
- Financial budgeting, forecasting and internal reporting
- Responsibility for producing the statutory accounts
- Financial analysis, support and advice to Board and management team on strategy and operational performance
- Producing and presenting key KPI reports and dashboards to the board
- Handle tax, regulatory and legal matters and customer/supplier/partner contracts
- Cash and debt management including managing banking relationships and raising finance when required
- Financial processes and controls
- Oversee all HR matters relating to company, culture and ongoing employee development
- Company secretarial including corporate governance and risk
- Manage and develop the Finance, HR and Admin team and individuals to optimise processes and efficiencies
Successful candidates will need to satisfy the following criteria:
- Qualified accountant, with a good grasp of business principles, planning and organising skills, problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and strong communication skills
- Background of working at FD level, or at the level below, but looking for a step up, either in a public company or in a fast growth SME
- Presenting financial information to key business stakeholders, managing good corporate governance and preparing of statutory accounts/Annual Reports & dealing with auditors
- Analysing and interpreting accounting information for management decision making
- Review and analysis of operating results and the development and implementation of long-term and short-term financial plans
- Driving business improvement from the interpretation of financial data
- Used to operating accurately to tight deadlines with a thorough understanding of the key profit drivers in a customer-focused business
- Good relationship builder at all levels, and able to enthuse and motivate those around them, driving performance by holding self and others to account for agreed deliverables
- Highly collaborative, assisting others within and outside of the immediate department
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in private equity, media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.