Private Equity backed multi-site Real Estate
- £70,000 + Benefits
Our client is a multi-site real estate business and is currently the second largest provider of its kind in the UK. Following a recent acquisition by Private Equity, they are now very much in a growth phase as they continue to expand across the UK.
Supporting the Head of Tax, and working with the wider tax team, the VAT Manager will have responsibility for all matters relating to VAT across the business. The company operates in the Real Estate sector and the VAT manager will be responsible for VAT matters relating to both operations, and transactions.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Review of internally produced UK VAT returns and submission using MTD software, and provision of ongoing feedback to the wider finance team
- Managing ongoing system-based process improvements (partnering with finance and IT colleagues) to improve the efficiency of the VAT reporting process
- Liaison with Finance team regarding VAT reporting and VAT reconciliation requirements
- Responsibility for new registrations, options to tax, correspondence with HMRC
- Responsibility for the quarterly tax equalization calculation for the finance agreements
Key VAT Responsibilities
- Transactional advice to the investment and capital projects teams
- Support with modelling and forecasting
- Supporting the capital projects team with the VAT treatment of invoices received, and how these should be reflected in the accounting system to support the appropriate VAT recovery position
- Supporting the finance team to understand the VAT treatment of intragroup transactions and disbursements
- Supporting the wider business to fulfil training needs
- Liaising with external advisers where required
The ideal candidate will be a CTA Qualified with deep knowledge and exposure of UK VAT/Tax. You will have experience in VAT compliance and advisory, in particular in the Real Estate/Property/Construction sector in both and transactional settings. You will have the ability to work with finance professionals and understand accounting principles and be extremely organised and self-motivated to succeed.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity-backed businesses and privately-owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.