- Central London
- £24,000 - £28,000 per annum, depending on experience
Due to an internal promotion, our client is seeking an Accounts Assistant to join the Finance team. This role has scope for progression and would suit a recent graduate with a minimum of 18 months experience, who is looking to study towards an accounting qualification. Based in their Central London office five days a week, the successful individual will be working as part of the Finance team in an enjoyable and close-knit working environment.
- Ensure all revenue is accounted for by reconciling payments received to what has been recorded on the system.
- First point of contact regarding accounts and accounts due.
- Ensuring that the debtors' ledger is kept up to date by following up regarding payment via phone or email and checking the bank.
- Preparation of sales ledger invoices and reconciling sales ledger.
- Process overhead invoices.
- Reconciliations of supplier statements.
- Bank reconciliations.
- Daily and monthly payment runs.
- Postings and reconciling credit cards and company cards statements.
- Purchases control accounts reconciliations.
- Prepare and input journal entries arising from performance of accounting functions.
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Other administrative duties.
- 18 months of previous experience with Sage 200 is desirable.
- Experience or knowledge of accounting processes.
- A good understanding of bookkeeping procedures.
- Proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Adaptable to changing requirements and a team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Word.
- Good communication skills and telephone manners.
- Organisation and prioritisation to meet daily, monthly accountabilities.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Caitlyn Bush: email@example.com quoting reference CB51836.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.