Group Assistant Accountant
- £30,000 - £38,000 per annum, depending on experience
Our client, a leading European investment group, is looking for a Group Assistant Accountant to join the Finance team. The successful candidate will be a recent graduate who has the desire to learn and is looking to develop their career in finance. This role will report to the Senior Group Accountant and the team in day-to-day tasks such as the production of bank reconciliations, management accounts preparation, and the drafting of year-end financial statements. This is an exciting opportunity to gain experience within a fast-growing company, with the potential to grow within the business as the role progresses.
- Responsible for accounting tasks related to several UK partnerships and companies to include accounts payable/receivable, banking, participating in the monthly management accounts process, and assisting in the preparation of year-end financial statements.
- Assist the Treasury team.
- Liaise with various other company offices around the world to ensure that intercompany transactions are accurately reflected in the accounts of the various UK entities.
- Assist with the preparation of Group VAT returns.
- Take full ownership and management of employee expenses management system.
- Take responsibility for controls and process implementation and improvement.
- Deal with ad-hoc queries as required and support the wider Finance team.
- In the early stages of studying towards a professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and a strong understanding of the fundamentals of accounting (including debits and credits).
- Previous experience in the preparation of financial statements for audit will be advantageous.
- Competence in using Word and Excel is essential. Experience in using an accounting software package, e.g. Microsoft Dynamics NAV is advantageous but not mandatory.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Operates in an organised and structured manner with attention to detail.
- Remains flexible and demonstrates the ability to prioritise workload.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Caitlyn Bush: email@example.com quoting reference CB52027.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.