Head of Finance
- Temporary & Contract
- £65,000 - £68,000, per annum depending on experience
Our client, a growing not-for-profit foundation within the healthcare industry, is seeking a Head of Finance to join the Finance team on an interim basis. The ideal candidate will be forward-thinking and have experience working within the charity sector. Supporting the CEO and managing a small team, this is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to add value as part of a high-profile and growing organisation. This role has strong potential to become permanent for the right person.
- Prepare monthly management accounts, cashflow forecasts and supporting analysis as required.
- Prepare quarterly financial updates for the Board.
- Prepare financial aspects of the annual report and accounts and successfully manage the annual audit.
- Maintain appropriate records and controls over restricted funds to ensure that funds are used and reported appropriately.
- Maintain clear policies and processes to ensure that good financial controls which meet legal and tax requirements are in place.
- Manage cash balances and monitor investments and reserves in line with policies. Report on a quarterly basis to the Finance and Investment Committee (FIC).
- Work with the CEO and Directors to prepare the annual budget.
- Prepare a quarterly rolling forecast of the year-end position.
- Prepare annual updates on the five-year financial strategy for consideration by the Finance Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Communicate new processes and policies and provide key updates on the organisation’s finances to the wider team and possibly external partners.
- Attend Board and other committees as required.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the charity’s auditors, banks and other financial stakeholders.
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent).
- Experience in producing monthly management accounts and year-end accounts.
- Strong reconciliation skills with an eye for detail.
- Experience of charity accounting and knowledge of charity SORP guidelines.
- Experience working with a Charity Board of Trustees.
- Experience of cash flow, forecasting and treasury management.
- Experienced in leading the budget-setting processes.
- IT literate with an emphasis on financial systems and Excel, with an ability to learn and use new systems quickly (knowledge of Xero would be advantageous).
- Highly organised with strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically to identify possible improvements and experience of developing and successfully implementing new financial policies, processes and systems.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Caitlyn Bush: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CB52045.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.