- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + study support, depending on experience
Our client, a global leadership advisory and search firm, is seeking an Assistant Accountant to join their team on an initial 6 - 9 month contract with a view to becoming permanent. The successful candidate will have strong experience in AP and AR and will be able to support the Accounts Receivable team and the UK Accounting function. This is an exciting opportunity to join a team that offers flexibility as well as the opportunity for progression.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile the bank accounts.
- Analyze the monthly accounts payable listing and rectify any errors.
- Assist with client receivables by reaching out to the client for payment.
- Manage intercompany reconciliations and liaise with the US team to produce settlement files.
- Prepare quarterly VAT return for authorization.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process meetings.
- Support with tax audits and tax returns.
- Support internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Support the month-end and year-end close process.
- Support the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Ensure that compliance with GAAP principles is upheld.
- Ensure accuracy and effectiveness in all relevant accounting tasks.
- Strong academics, studying towards an Accountancy qualification (ACCA or equivalent).
- Proven experience as an accountant in a global or international company environment.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, like Sage
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Caitlyn Bush: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CB52396A.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.