Senior Financial Modeller
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £650 - £750 per day, depending on experience
Our client, an exciting and growing global company in the renewable energy sector is seeking for an experienced Financial Modeller to join the team on an initial 3 - 4 month contract. The ideal candidate will have experience in transactions and will be able to support the Director of Capital Raise in a Series A transaction later this year. This is a great opportunity to join a company that is leading in its field, and continue to build on prior experience.
- Responsible for building and maintaining financial models for development projects and presenting investment analysis of development projects to the management team.
- Responsible for the financial, market and commercial analysis of any feasibility studies of any development opportunities and, working with the Power System Market Modelling team, presenting the results to the management team and external partner.
- Responsible for maintaining a thorough understanding of the revenue opportunities and market regulations (both current and anticipated) in selected markets.
- Mentoring of Junior Analysts and Senior/Junior Analysts in other teams (i.e. any analysts in Australia) and quality assurance of their modelling; supervision of any third party modelling resource.
- Competitor analysis of alternative technologies.
- Market analysis of new markets and profiling of potential partners. Identification of business models and target markets.
- Deputising the Business Development Director as required in discussions and negotiations with development partners.
- Project development lead for selected markets and projects.
- Degree-level education in a numerical subject ideally with relevant financial/economic post-graduate qualification (e.g. CFA, MBA etc).
- Significant experience of modelling renewable energy or storage investment projects with project finance and associated revenues and non-energy costs. Very good market understanding of the regulatory environment of at least one major market.
- Experience of preparing and ideally presenting investment case materials to an investment committee.
- Experience of having trained and coached Junior Analysts.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, well organised.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Caitlyn Bush: email@example.com quoting reference CB52445.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.