Senior Analyst - Financial Performance
Leading E-Commerce Group
- c. £75k base + bonus + benefits
Our client is a rapidly growing business in the e-commerce space, with operations in an increasing number of significant geographies. Offering an innovative B2C product, the group is disrupting the established payment models available to online consumers.
The Senior Analyst is a key member of the UK Financial Performance team, responsible for providing key insights and analysis into business performance for the UK business, and working with the broader Financial Performance team to drive improved performance across the Group. This role partners with the FP&A Reporting Manager, Global Head of Financial Performance, Regional Head of Financial Performance (UK), and the Internal Heads of Business – Marketing, Sales, Product and Technology.
The Key responsibilities for this position are as follows:
- Perform critical and in-depth financial analysis on weekly and monthly financial results for the UK business, identifying and assessing underlying trends in the business.
- Work with business leaders to gain insight into underlying trends that inform the overall performance of the UK and identify performance improvement opportunities.
- Working with the Head of Financial Performance UK, provide key insights into financial performance to inform the annual budget and quarterly forecast for the UK.
- Assist the Head of Financial Performance UK to develop strategic financial planning scenarios for the UK business with a view to achieving the objectives globally.
- Deliver reports which assess overall performance against budget and strategic plan financial targets.
- Provide key insights on variances to budget and strategic plan targets in order to improve performance.
Core capabilities and technical skills required are as follows:
- An accounting qualification (ACA/CA or CIMA preferred) with 2 – 5 years’ post qualification experience.
- Advanced modelling skills and corporate modelling experience, with a background in investment banking or an advisory division of a professional services firm would be well regarded.
- Experience in financial modelling, scenario analysis and business partnering.
- Exceptional commercial acumen and insights – ability to interpret and translate financials to drive strategic business decisions.
- Excellent communication skills and high emotional intelligence.
- Judgement, insight and in-depth knowledge of industry/markets, competition, products and key trends.
To apply for this role, please email your CV to Claire Jefferies: email@example.com or Justin Dunner: firstname.lastname@example.org quotingreference CJ50464. Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.