Private Equity Backed Services Company
- Central London
- c. £55k - £60k + bonus + benefits
Our client is a highly profitable global services group that has continually delivered double digit growth.
Due to the continued growth of the business, there is a need to recruit a new Group Accountant to the high profile central finance team. The role will appeal to high-potential individuals who want regular C-suite exposure along with the opportunity to develop their careers rapidly.
The position should appeal for the following reasons:
- Growth - The business has grown and continues to grow at a rapid rate both organically and through M&A. It is continually featured in The Times 'Top 200 Fastest Growing Companies' and has tripled its operational capacity in less than 2 years.
- PE backed dynamic culture - A 'can do' mentality and ability respond quickly to opportunities. The rewards are entirely linked to delivering results and the business has completed major acquisitions faster than its competition due to the PE shareholder model.
- Opportunities - The group is at a very exciting stage in its development, moving away from a traditional Group Finance model of churning out reports and moving towards a digitised and strategic function. The team is expected to drive value, e.g. advising on how to deliver working capital efficiencies.
- Digitalisation - Finance is developing an organisation-wide KPI dashboard to be used by operations, sales and commercial and HR. Finance will own this dashboard, removing the need for manual spreadsheets and moving towards an automated approach that allows more meaningful and timely information to aid decision making.
- Team - Group Finance has a flat structure allowing individuals to develop rapidly and providing the business with a highly flexible resource.
We are looking for a qualified accountant, most likely seeking a first move out of a large public practice and ideally with exposure to international consolidations. Other required skills and competencies include:
- The ability to balance complex detail with wider commercial matters
- Experience improving and developing new processes and procedures
- Excellent presentational skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent excel and power point skills
- Must be solution driven with sound problem solving skills and a creative approach with the ability to develop new ideas
- Keen ambition to learn and develop
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise and organise both work and people to tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a team and also independently
- Honesty, integrity, reliability
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Claire Jefferies: firstname.lastname@example.org Justin Dünner: email@example.com quoting reference CKJ50601.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.