Venture Capital Investor
Our client is a Venture Capital Investor - focused on the Internet of Things.
The Finance Director is looking to hire a financial controller who would be responsible for both the internal financial control and also oversight of the investee companies.
You would likewise be supporting the investment team through investment appraisals, performance evaluation and finance input to the investee companies.
The role is very broad. You would be responsible for:
- Supporting the team as the business realises its growth ambitions.
- Statutory reporting (UK GAAP and IFRS) and preparation of management accounts.
- Driving the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Managing all tax matters.
- Developing the controls environment to ensure continued compliance with best practice.
- Working with the venture partner team to support investee companies with a range of finance-related issues typically faced by early-stage companies.
- Working with the investment team on investment appraisals as well as monitoring and reporting on investee company and portfolio financial performance.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) with experience of IFRS and UK GAAP.
They will also be able to demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Self-starter and highly motivated.
- Commercial and entrepreneurial.
- Energetic and industrious.
- Builds relationships quickly and works collaboratively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Chris McCann: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CM49337.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.