Private Equity Firm
Our client is an established Private Equity firm focused on investments within the mid-market.
They are looking to hire a newly-qualified accountant into a fund accountant role who would report into the Fund Financial Controller and have oversight of an accounts assistant.
The successful candidate would have day-to-day responsibility for three of the Private Equity funds and the opportunity to interact.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Responsibility for the accounting and reporting for three private equity funds which each consist of several sub-funds in the form of limited partnerships.
- Oversight of cash books and monthly bank reconciliations.
- Oversight of postings to the general ledger (SUN) and investment database system (eFRONT).
- Preparing monthly Excel-based management accounts.
- Preparing interim and annual investor reports.
- Preparing statutory accounts for the sub-funds and liaising with auditors.
- Preparing investor statements including drawdown, distribution and NAV positions.
- Preparing investor drawdown requests and distributions payments.
- Making payments to investors, investee companies etc, and liaising with the funds’ banks.
- Preparing regular and ad hoc schedules for investors – e.g. account balances, details of payments.
- Responding to regular and ad hoc investor queries and internal information requests.
- Assisting with maintenance of track record position for the funds.
- Assisting with ongoing compliance including preparation of client asset reporting and Anti Money Laundering checks.
The successful applicant will be:
- A qualified accountant - CIMA/ACCA/ACA/CA
- Will have previous experience of bookkeeping and accounts preparation.
- Well organised, logical and analytical thinker with attention for detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Good interpersonal skills – there will be interaction with the finance team, the portfolio and investment teams.
- Good team player. The flexibility to respond to short term pressures on the team and help out when required will be important.
- Will need to be able to perform a range of different types of work, from oversight of basic bookkeeping and transaction processing to accounts preparation and dealing with requests from external investors and senior management.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for almost 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com