Private Equity Firm
Our client is a leading Pan-European Private Equity firm. Established over twenty years ago and with offices globally they specialise in buying larger institutions.
They are looking to hire a financial controller who would report into the Finance Director and have responsibility for a variety of duties.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director as part of a global finance team, the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Controls oversight - Responsibility, along with the Finance Director, for the design and maintenance of internal control systems.
- Consolidated reporting - Preparation of consolidated accounts and collation of commentary and analysis.
- Management Information - Preparation of management reports for the Executive Committee to inform and aid decision making.
- Budgets and planning - Participation in annual budgeting and forecasting process as well as ad hoc strategic planning initiatives.
- Projects and Change management - Participation in key finance change projects to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Audit of financial statements - Key contact for completion of annual audits.
- Tax - Responsibility for the preparation of tax filings including corporation, partnership and individual tax and VAT.
- Technical skills and knowledge required to meet responsibilities.
- Qualified accountant with first time passes preferable; private equity/alternative investment and LLP experience beneficial.
- Experience of consolidations.
- Systematic approach in analysing and solving problems with good attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic team player whilst able to self-start and work without close supervision.
- Personable and confident manner, comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong Excel working knowledge.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Chris McCann: email@example.com quoting reference CM49586.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.