Private Equity Firm
Our client is a leading UK mid-market investor.
They are looking to hire someone who would be responsible for the financial management and reporting of the companies within the group's corporate structure and overseeing the Fund accounting for the funds under management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver all management financial information to the management committee. This includes consolidated management accounts, financial analysis & management commentary of the quarterly consolidated reports, budgeting, forecasting, preparation of the year end financial statements.
- Oversee the accounting for the Private Equity Funds including liaising with the Fund administrator.
- Compile corporation tax returns, review & submit VAT returns, administration of a complex holding company structure, liaise with auditors and tax advisors, cash forecasting and treasury management.
- Preparation of Fund Track Records, Portfolio monthly trading schedules and valuation models.
- HR finance responsibilities including administering monthly payroll and pensions.
- Provide tax, legal and compliance support.
- Ad hoc projects including system and process improvement.
- Manage a small team and supervise company secretarial and compliance matters.
The candidate will be:
- A qualified accountant, proven post qualification experience within Private Equity or other relevant Financial Services environment.
- Experience in preparation of management information, both historic and forward looking, ideally against the backdrop of a complex corporate structure, knowledge of corporate governance and limited liability.
- Experience in managing VAT and tax reporting requirements.
- The ideal candidate will have the gravitas to liaise with senior stakeholders and have proven management experience to lead a team.
- Strong communication skills and ambition will be balanced with strong team player attributes.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Chris McCann: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference CM49897.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.