Associate, Private Equity
Leading UK Private Equity Firm
- Competitive Basic + Bonus + Carried Interest
Our Client is a leading Private Equity investor in the UK mid market, specialising in adding value through financial and operational improvement, working closely with management teams to deliver a successful outcome. Typical investment opportunities might include businesses with growth potential and established market positions in industries with barriers to entry, which would benefit from close operational assistance. The firm has a lengthy track record and a strong position in its market. Currently raising a new fund, there is a strong appetite to hire a talented investment professional to help deploy capital in an attractive deal environment.
As an Associate you will be actively engaged in all stages of the investment process. You will also be strongly involved in the company’s business development and participate in marketing activities. You will be given the opportunity to work independently, as well as show strong collaboration skills with your colleagues and external professional advisers.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Supporting London office origination.
- Initial assessment of deal ideas with industry and company research.
- Developing your own contact network.
- Playing a key role in developing the UK adviser relationships.
- Joining initial discussions with M&A advisers about process and opportunity.
- Evaluating IM and developing initial investment rationale, valuation and transaction structure.
- Contributing to the presentation of the investment case.
- First draft the preparation of indicative offers.
- Assisting in the delivery of financial DD, including modelling.
- Assisting in commercial DD, including market assessment and competitive positioning, reviewing business models, challenging strategic concepts, conducting corporate evaluations.
- Assisting in other due diligence work streams (tax, legal, insurance etc.).
- Assisting in the financing process.
- Assisting in managing the transaction process and external resources.
- Assisting in developing a recommendation regarding investment rationale, valuation and transaction structure.
- Support commercial & SPA negotiations, including preparation of analysis (for example working capital) supporting the transaction negotiations.
- Assisting in closing work streams, e.g. finalising appendices and agreeing TSA.
- Assisting in the general marketing of the company.
- Managing interns and support them in their development.
- Any other reasonable duties as requested by the Managing Director.
Skills and experience required:
- University Graduate, ideally with professional post-graduate qualification.
- Deal experience derived from corporate finance, transaction services, banking or private equity.
- Ideally experience gained on UK mid-market deals.
- Strong marketing and relationship-building skills.
- Analytical thinking, result-oriented personality, well developed sense of responsibility and strong teamwork ethic.
- Organised, good project management skills and attention to detail.
- Communicative and entrepreneurial personality.
- Strong IT skills (especially Excel).
This represents an outstanding opportunity to join a successful and established firm and to help develop further its strong market position. Rewards will generously reflect the successful individual's commitment and contribution to the firm's success.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to James Stephens: email@example.com quoting reference DCA52282.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For further information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.