Venture Capital Firm
- Central London
- £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (pro-rata), depending on experience
Our client is a leading Venture Capital firm, based in the west end. They are seeking an experienced part-time bookkeeper to join their fast-paced and entrepreneurial finance team. The team has a flat structure, and there is therefore plenty of opportunity to assist with all aspects of the finance function, creating a broad and varied role. The successful candidate will be required to work three days a week (ideally consecutive) and an immediate start is required.
- Posting sales and purchase invoices (a significant majority of transactions are purchases)
- Recording cash payments and receipts in Sage Financials
- Reconciling the bank balances in Sage to the bank statements for various accounts
- Processing purchase invoices and weekly payment runs
- Maintaining the accruals and prepayments schedules and posting journals in Sage
- Reviewing and reconciling credit card and personal expenses in Concur – in line with company expenses policy - and uploading into Sage
- Preparing and keeping up to date appropriate schedules and reports as requested, including intercompany and balance sheet reconciliations
- Dealing with supplier queries
- Maintaining the fixed asset register and posting depreciation
- Ideally three to five years bookkeeping experience
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-sufficient with confidence to make suggestions for improvements
- Good listening and communication skills are important
- Experience with SAGE (desirable)
- Experience assisting with software transitioning (desirable)
- Experience using expenses management software such as Concur (desirable)
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Flora Vivian: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference FV50286.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.