Group Financial Reporting Manager
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £300 - £350 per day, depending on experience
An exciting opportunity exists for a Financial Reporting Manager to join a global listed business, within their group finance function. The successful candidate will have strong group reporting experience, sound IFRS knowledge and excellent communication skills enabling them to build strong stakeholder relationships across the business. Exposure to listed or blue chip clients and previous PLC reporting experience is strongly desired. This is a temporary position for an initial 6 months with the potential to be extended.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with IFRS for the purposes of statutory and internal management reporting
- First point of contact for selected divisions on financial reporting matters, providing advice on areas of complexity and involving judgement
- Support the Chief Accountant with review of accounting policies, leading the roll out of new accounting standards and advising on accounting for acquisitions and disposals
- Review and provide direction to divisions in the preparation of reporting packages
- Review statutory filings by subsidiaries
- Assist key stakeholders across other finance functions
Analysis, Management Reporting and Forecasts:
- Chair monthly meetings with divisions to review accounting judgements and understand forthcoming transactions
- Perform analysis on financial statements of group and divisions, identifying selected variances and reporting to management
- Work closely with business performance team to ensure rounded analysis of financial results and forecasts
- Build and own relationships with finance teams across the group, ensuring open lines of communication are developed and maintained
- Qualified accountant with at least 2 years PQE
- Experience in financial reporting and exposure to a public accounting firm; recent industry experience preferable
- Strong technical accounting skills and sound knowledge of IFRS, consolidations and financial reporting
- Exposure to listed groups with international commercial operations
- Experience of engaging and challenging financials of reporting entities
- Ability to build mutually beneficial relationships and deal with stakeholders at all levels
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Flora Vivian: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference FV50577.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.