- Central London
- £45,000 - £55,000, depending on experience
Our client, a successful venture capital firm, is currently seeking an experienced Analyst to support operational excellence and drive insights for investment decisions across the portfolio. The successful candidate will have strong academics, excellent data analysis skills and previous financial modelling experience. This is a fantastic opportunity to develop a commercial and analytical skillset whilst gaining broad insight into the running and operational focus of an exciting, high-growth venture capital firm.
- Undertake analyses to identify market trends and the firm's performance in different markets.
- Conduct insightful analysis using internal and external data (e.g. companies, market financing, financials) to originate insights that will support firm decisions.
- Play a key role in implementing operational initiatives. Collaborate with the business's partners and investment team in execution.
- Enrich the company and deal database, identifying new data sources that provide a comprehensive view of the market and enabling the efficient management of the investment pipeline.
- Design better processes with the investments team & partners to ensure the smooth running of weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews (e.g. pipeline status and quarterly investment reviews).
- Prepare reporting materials for distribution to investors, including quarterly market updates.
- Gather data from internal models to summarise the firm's investment performance.
- Maintain and update internal models for new investments.
- Calculate the status and value of the investment portfolio and overall fund performance.
- Drive key projects and initiatives to identify investment opportunities & support the firm's portfolio.
- Document existing processes in order to provide recommendations for potential improvement.
- Undertake ad-hoc data analysis projects to support in the management of investment opportunities.
- Strong academic achievement record.
- At least three years' experience in a quantitative field, e.g. consulting, strategic planning, operations.
- Excellent data analysis skills and previous exposure to financial modelling.
- Strong commercial and interpersonal skills.
- Stakeholder management experience - ability to work with individuals across all levels of seniority.
- Proactive, with a strong ownership mentality and the ability to drive positive change.
- Previous exposure to the private equity / venture capital industry and an interest in the technology industry is desirable.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Flora Vivian: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference FV50964.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.