Private Equity Firm
Our client is a boutique Life Sciences private equity firm looking to hire a number two in finance. They are at the next stage of growth and are building out their finance team.
This role sits directly under an experienced CFO and will manage the day to day finance function. The business has a healthy investment appetite therefore naturally the function is very busy and constantly evolving.
The core duties of this hire will be to manage the day to day aspects of finance and operations, working on both the corporate and fund accounting sides of the business. There will be external accountants who will prepare the management company accounts and fund accounts.
Typical duties include:
- Driving the establishment of a group-level budget;
- Monitoring performance against the budget;
- Responsible for cash management;
- Ensuring recharges between management company entities are correctly undertaken;
- Managing both internal and fund audit processes;
- Overseeing the finances of investment vehicles;
- Reviewing all drawdown and distribution calculations and notices prepared by administrators;
- Managing any financial transactions from the investment vehicles;
- Working with IR to respond to investor queries; and
- Assisting with investor newsletter preparation.
The incumbent will be expected to be able to prioritise, multi-task and work to tight deadlines.
Other requirements include:
- a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent);
- have experience in working in the finance team of an investment fund, ideally within private equity;
- able to work in a collegiate environment and within a small team; and
- able to work as a team player and get involved with various aspects within the business.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.