US Private Equity Fund
- £70,000 - £80,000 + Bonus
My client is a US Private Equity fund that is looking to add a Financial Controller to their London finance team. Established for just over 10 years, the firm has quickly grown their AUM to several billion dollars under management and have ambitious plans to triple their assets by the end of the year.
The appointee will primarily be responsible for the advisor entity as well as UK investment holding companies and will be expected to provide transaction support when required as a large portion of their deals flow through the UK office. They will also get involved in the creation of best in class processes to ensure efficient and effective operations as the business continues to scale.
This role will suit a Financial/Corporate Accountant looking to take a step up for the first time, having spent some time in industry and wants a broad role, hands-on role where you are responsible for everything from reporting through to assisting on high-level transactional work.
- Day-to-day financial control
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly packs including management accounts
- Own the budgeting and forecasting processes
- Statutory reporting
- Act as a key liaison with US
- Ensure VAT and UK corporate and employee taxation compliance
- Undertake ad-hoc projects as required, such as specific management information requests
- Continuous review of processes to ensure best-in-class control and efficiency
- In conjunction with the Tax team, provide ad-hoc transaction support for UK-based acquisitions and disposals
- Qualified accountant with at least 1-year post-qualified experience in industry
- Experience of working within investment management preferred
- Demonstrable ability to work independently, multi-task, be flexible and work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
This role will be based in London and you must have the right to work in the UK without requiring a visa.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Holly Cousin: email@example.com, quoting reference HC51801.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.