- London & Remote
- £55,000 - £70,000 + Bonus
My client is an exciting early stage Venture Capital fund that looks to invest across Seed and Series A businesses across Europe. They have a rich and diverse portfolio of businesses and had a particularly impressive exit this year which has propelled them to build out their internal finance and operations capacity.
Having recently hired an impressive Finance Director, they are now looking to recruit a number 2 to assist this person. This will incorporate both management company and fund finance as well as conducting valuations, investor reporting and monitoring the portfolio.
As with many small VCs, from time to time there may also be the opportunity to assist the portfolio companies in their own operational growth as they look to scale up.
The business is lean and naturally, there will be lots of project work as the fund continues to raise over the next few years. This would be a perfect opportunity for someone looking to leave practice and take on an exciting, broad role in industry.
Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Supporting overall fund structures, including liaising with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing the investor reporting process – including supporting the investment team with detailed qualitative portfolio company updates
- Supporting the FD with detailed NAV/portfolio valuations for investors
- Ensuring third-party administrators provide timely information to support the investor reporting process
- Reviewing statutory accounts of fund vehicles, holding companies and key portfolio companies
- Preparing quarterly management accounts and managing monthly cashflow
- Assistance in preparation of annual budgets and five-year plan updates
- Ad-hoc accounting support and assisting with portfolio companies from time to time
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent) with no more than 5 years PQE
- A driven self-starter, with ability to work independently & in a start-up environment
- Genuine interest in European venture capital investing
- Strong analytical abilities
The business can offer from £55,000 - £70,000 on base depending on level of experience plus bonus. They are currently operating a hybrid, flexible working policy. Please note they are currently unable to sponsor working visas.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Holly Cousin: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference HC51926.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for over 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.