US Asset Manager
- £100,000 - £150,000 plus bonus
Our client is an extremely well capitalised asset manager that is looking to hire a Valuations Director as part of a series of ambitious growth plans in the upcoming year. Spinning out of a bulge bracket bank in the early 2010s, the firm is on a strong growth trajectory and anticipates reaching $50bn under management before the year of the year.
This hire will join an established global team that oversees the global compliance obligations for the firm's investment portfolio and will work very closely with various stakeholders to ensure the robust reporting of asset valuations.
Depsite sky-rocketing growth, the firm remains close-knit and entrepreneurial, and this hire will work between London and their US base often getting involved in the wider business including providing investor relations support and portfolio company management.
They are looking for someone who is able to wear many different hats, activiely build strong relationships across the firm and operate collaboratly and flexibily across a global team.
- Perform quarterly valuations on the fund’s investments, including asset and credit valuations utilizing various Income and Market Approaches; prepare and review valuation models for accuracy.
- Coordinate, present and participate in quarterly valuation committee discussions.
- Prepare a number of ad hoc analyses, including performance sensitivity and return calculations, among other requests from various parties, including investor relations and finance.
- Perform industry research including comparable publicly-traded companies and similar M&A transactions, analyze competitive industry dynamics and financial conditions of peer companies.
- Prepare analyses and provide other support related to fundraising activities.
- Participate in portfolio company management meetings.
- Educated to degree level and 5 years of relevant work experience, ideally in business valuation methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid research and analytical skills and the ability to work well both autonomously and in a team environment.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
You must be eligible to work in the UK for this role and it will be London office based with some flexibility.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Holly Cousin: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting reference HC52136.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter of Finance Directors, Financial Controllers and Fund Accountants to UK and European private equity firms for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth & venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.