- £65,000 + Bonus + Carried Interest
Our client is a VC / growth equity start up fund that have a pan-European mandate, looking at rapidly growing tech and tech-enabled businesses, mostly in the software space and are looking to add a Fund Controller to the team.
As a business, they are entrepreneurial and ambitious in their intentions and, since inception, have had multiple over-subscribed fundraisers. Their existing portfolio encompasses multiple geographies across both consumer and B2B-focused software companies. In advance of an impending fundraise, they are looking to bolster their support team.
They want to stay purposefully lean therefore, as a result, the firm is limited to the investors and the small finance team, and this means that lots of commercial work naturally will fall to the Fund Controller. All basic preparation is outsourced to administrators, so this role will manage that relationship as well as assist with deal support, investor relations and support on the upcoming fundraise which will naturally bring with it lots of variation and interesting work.
Examples of the activities include:
- Assist the investment team through investment closing and financing on new investments.
- Assisting in deal structuring and due diligence.
- Calculating capital calls and distributions.
- Monitoring fund performance and use of fund performance metrics.
- Supporting in the preparation of quarterly valuations and reviewing reporting packs provided by portfolio companies.
- Support in the preparation of fundraising materials / responding to existing investor queries.
- Review of quarterly and annual reporting packs prepared by Luxembourg and Guernsey administrators.
- Preparing quarterly carried interest waterfall calculations.
- Cash flow forecasting.
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA) with at least 1 year PQE in practice.
- Genuine interest in Private Equity / Venture Capital and a desire to learn are absolutely essential.
- Private Equity / Investment Management audit clients may be helpful, but are not essential.
- Strong academic background with outstanding analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong work ethic.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with can-do style and desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- High level of IT literacy, with strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
Regrettably, my client is unable to provide sponsorship for visas for this role and therefore you must have the right to work in the UK.
The salary for this role will be £65,000 plus bonus and carry and they are currently operating a hybrid working policy.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Holly Cousin: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HC52430.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.