Finance Manager, Real Estate
Real Estate Investment Fund
- £60,000 plus bonus + benefits
Our client is an independent boutique real estate investment fund with a strong track record of investing across European industrial assets.
They have three investment vehicles, including a listed REIT, which was launched on the TISE in 2014. They have had a very successful few years despite the pressure on the real estate market, and they are looking to continue this into 2022 as they have a new mandate with a large US Private Equity fund as well as a number of very exciting revenue streams.
They are a lean organisation with close-knit, family feel staff that have worked in commercial real estate together for many years. The finance team is lean and flat structured, with duties currently shared between the FD and the incumbent Financial Controller. Between the existing team and this new hire, they will share the reporting and more commercial duties.
They outsource very little, so it's a very hands on, all-encompassing role involving preparation, oversight, delivery of financial management, regulatory and statutory reporting, high level investor reporting, analysis of potential investments, analysis of tenants, and financial forecasting.
Some activities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Preparation of management and statutory reports for internal and external clients.
- Creating effective and efficient financial control processes, systems, and infrastructure within the accounting function.
- Lender compliance reporting.
- Preparation of periodic cashflows and forecasts and ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Dealing with different corporate structures and consolidations.
- Dealing with VAT, corporation tax, SDLT and other taxation matters.
- Involvement in the regulated part of the business (e.g. preparing FCA returns, and responsible for part of the compliance and risk function).
- Newly qualified chartered accountant either with ACA or ACCA.
- Strong knowledge and experience of accounting standards and theory.
- Enthusiastic and bright, with a genuine interest in real estate.
- Desirable - knowledge of taxation, particularly as it relates to property.
- Strong MS Excel skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a small environment.
Regrettably, my client is unable to provide sponsorship for visas for this role and therefore, you must have the right to work in the UK.
The salary for this role will be £60,000 plus bonus and others benefits, and they are currently operating a hybrid working policy.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Holly Cousin: email@example.com quoting reference HC52433.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.