Fund Financial Controller
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- Up to £450 per day, PAYE
Our client, an international investment and development firm, is looking for an experienced Fund Accountant to join their London-based office. Starting off as an initial 9-month assignment, this role has the scope to be extended beyond this should the successful candidate be a good fit. They are looking for a qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) to take primary accounting responsibility for the firm's funds within the fund management business, reporting to the CFO. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a globally-recognised firm and a leader in their field.
The Fund Financial Controller will be expected to:
- Produce fund management information including reports on investment performance.
- Monitor the introduction of new investments to ensure that investment returns are as expected or optimised.
- Produce annual fund statutory accounts and the subsequent audit.
- Administrate investor drawdowns, distributions, equalisations, and general quarterly investor reporting.
- Interrogate financial models and collate investment reports to monitor and evaluate project performance.
- Provide financial due diligence on target investments.
- Liaise with the asset management team to deal with operational issues, report on asset performance and optimise investment returns.
- Progress to involvement with the Asset Management team to provide business partnering to the wider Commercial and Deal teams.
- Educated to degree level.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) with minimum 2 years of post-qualified experience.
- Previous fund or real estate experience is preferable.
- Ability to work as part of a wider Fund Management team and use initiative to proactively and independently manage a portfolio of infrastructure investments.
- Strong understanding of Excel and a working knowledge of financial models.
- Experience in infrastructure investment and funds is an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of financial reporting in foreign currencies.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Harrison Stiles: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HS52914.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.