Fund Associate Director
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- c. £100,000
Our client, a large infrastructure asset manager, is looking for an Associate Fund Director to lead a team of Financial Controllers and Assistants within their London office. This role is a 12 month FTC and the chosen candidate will be responsible for new fund vehicle set-up and investment, internal and external reporting, investment appraisal, waterfall economics analysis, fund financing solution, acquisition due diligence and implementing fund optimisation strategies. Given the nature of the role, they are looking for someone with strong accounting and investment experience ideally within the infra and/or fund management sector.
- Leading a team of financial professionals, managing the team to deliver goals.
- Business partnering the wider business, providing financial expertise, reviewing and structuring advice, working with investor relations, liaising with tax & accounting and financial advisers.
- Taking responsibility for the quality of output of financial information from the FE sub-team; reviewing fund management information including reporting on investment performance and monitoring the introduction of new investments.
- Analysing new products and developing structures and waterfalls into new sectors and strategies.
- Working on post-RfP implementation and delivery of trailblazing products.
- Managing risk through analysis of potential products.
- Onboarding investors and monitoring/innovation of ongoing investment metrics.
- Working to implement fund leverage and refinancing including subscription lines, asset-backed loans and hybrid solutions.
- Taking responsibility for the sub-team's fund financial reporting and forecasting.
- Reviewing and managing annual statutory accounts and subsequent audit workstreams for new fund products.
- Maintaining awareness of new legislation and accounting frameworks that will affect performance and asset management (e.g., LIBOR/SONIA and RPI, BEPS, SORP).
- Compiling and presenting asset valuations to the valuations committee.
- Working actively with asset management to onboard new investments and develop strategies to optimise portfolio assets.
- Developing and implementing controls and management systems.
- Degree educated.
- Relevant accounting qualification (ACA, ACCA, or CIMA).
- Experience of PFI and infrastructure investment and funds preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a wider fund management team alongside other finance professionals.
- Desire, diligence, and energy to drive quality output and outperformance.
- Significant post-qualification experience, preferably in project or fund accounting.
- Experience in infrastructure fund financial management including monitoring investment performance metrics, implementation of lending facilities, and investment vehicle establishment and design.
- Comfortable liaising with external advisers and investors.
- Experience in financial reporting in foreign currencies.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Harrison Stiles: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HS53014
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.