Outsourced Finance Accountant
- Thames Valley
- £40,000 - £50,000 dependent on experience
Our client is a mid-sized public practice firm based in the Thames Valley that, due to recent growth, is now looking to expand its Outsourced Finance team. Consequently, they are looking to hire a high-quality Accountant who is actively studying towards a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA). They work with a diverse portfolio of clients ranging from start-ups to multi-million turnover businesses and offer a full range of services, including audit, tax, payroll, outsourced accounts, and analysis. The Outsourced Finance team works hard to build close relationships with their clients, assisting them with all areas of accountancy and finance, and as such, the chosen candidate should be both personable and hard-working to maintain this level of service. This opportunity offers hybrid working.
- Support a varied client portfolio, assisting with bookkeeping, management accounts, VAT returns, and year-end accounts.
- Work closely with senior members of the team, adopting a proactive approach to training whilst helping to continue growth and fostering the company culture.
- Assist with producing portfolio deliverables, ensuring that expectations, deadlines, and budgets are being met.
- Build trusted relationships with clients, working closely with them to resolve any queries they may have.
- Ensure that work is completed to the highest standard, making sure expectations and deadlines are being met.
- Supporting the wider firm with ad hoc duties.
- Strong academic record.
- Studying towards a professional qualification (ACA/ACCA).
- Strong Excel skills.
- Great time management and organisation skills.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Commitment to delivering high-quality service.
- A positive, can-do attitude when working under pressure.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Harrison Stiles: email@example.com quoting reference HS53110a.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.