Temporary Finance Assistant
- Temporary & Contract
- Central London
- £25,000 - £27,000
Our client, a leading strategic insights consultancy, is looking for a bright and enthusiastic Finance Assistant to join their London-based Finance team until the end of June. The company focuses on helping high-profile global brands grow through innovation and has an extremely impressive client list of blue-chip companies. Reporting to the Management Accountant, they are looking for someone who is willing to come and learn as well as pick things up quickly. This is a fantastic opportunity for a sociable and hard-working individual who is looking to progress in their career. Immediate start required.
- Input and scan purchase invoices on system (approx 350 per month for the Group of 5 companies).
- Assist in the preparation and execution of multi-currency payment runs.
- Deal with queries and liaise with suppliers globally.
- Supplier statement reconciliations.
- Manage, issue, record and reconcile petty cash in multi currencies.
- Process credit card payments, sign back in expenses and incentives.
- Prepare monthly outstanding reports on credit card expenses & float expenses.
- Review aged creditors for the Group and comment on any queries raised by accountants.
- 6 months purchase ledger experience or recent graduates with a relevant degree (Accountancy, Finance, Economics).
- Experience working with computerised accountancy packages preferred.
- Good time management and have the ability to prioritise work.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with non-finance personnel.
- A team player.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Proactive in problem-solving.
- Attention to detail - ability to produce accurate documents.
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Harrison Stiles: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference HS53151.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. We are sorry, but if you have not heard from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for over 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.