Hybrid Data and Fundamental Analyst
- Competitive Package
Our client is a successful, innovative pan-European investment manager operating in both the public and private sphere, investing in TMT, consumer/retail and business services. They are now looking to strengthen their team with an additional Investment Analyst.
This would be a great opportunity to join a close-knit and hard-working investment team within a long/short hedge fund, currently undergoing strong expansion. They focus on global long/short investments within a range of sectors, such as TMT, consumer and business services.
As an Investment Analyst/Associate, you will be given a lot of responsibility in various elements of a deal, whilst making an impact on the development of the Fund. As the firm implements proprietary data analytics into the fundamental research process, the Analyst position provides a unique opportunity to work in a hybrid capacity. The role is based in London, and you will work alongside highly driven investment professionals in a fast-paced environment. Furthermore, it presents an excellent opportunity to deepen your knowledge in fast-developing areas like e-commerce, media and food delivery.
- Educated to BSc, MSc or PhD degree level in a quantitative discipline, preferably in statistics, computer science or data science
- 1-4 years of relevant M&A training within an investment bank or relevant experience in Private Equity
- Proficiency in Python and Java would be a plus
- Fluency in a continental European language (verbal and written) would be advantageous
- Strong analytical and technical skills (including financial modelling)
- Strategic thinking and strong commercial judgement
- Self-starter, self-confident yet humble, with a hunger to invest and strong entrepreneurial and international mind-set
- Ability to work autonomously and pro-actively and to take on responsibility quickly
To apply to this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Josefine Bersztel: firstname.lastname@example.org or Dominic Dyer: email@example.com, quoting the reference JB51242.
Please note that due to the expected volume of applications, we will only be able to respond to those candidates whose experience matches the requirements of our client. If you have not heard back from us within the next ten days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Walker Hamill has been the leading recruiter in the UK and European private equity space for 30 years. We work with a highly diversified client group, including buyout funds of all sizes, growth and venture capital investors, real estate funds, co-investment vehicles, secondaries funds and fund of funds. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see: www.walkerhamill.com.