- c. £70,000 + generous bonus + benefits
Our client is a market leader and has a recognised name in it's area of specialism within the property sector. The company is known for high quality, which has led to a successful track record over recent years.
The Financial Controller will report to the CFO, taking day-to-day responsibility for all aspects of operational finance, including management accounts, financial controls, processes & systems, accounts payable and tax.
Specific areas of responsibility will include:
- Preparing the monthly management accounts and reporting pack, enabling the detailed review of performance and updated forecasts required for strategic decision making
- Maintaining the 3 year forecasting model
- Preparing the consolidated annual accounts and co-ordinating the annual statutory audit
- Responsibility for tax compliance for corporation, VAT, PAYE (P11Ds, P60’s etc), NI and CIS as well as HMRC submissions and reporting
- Overseeing administration of monthly payrolls ensuring compliance with all statutory obligations and updates and preparing new leaver and starter documentation
- Providing support to the Operational teams on an adhoc basis
- Acting as Company Secretary, attending Group board meetings and liaising with senior management team
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Proven experience operating at managerial level, having previously gained a recognised professional accounting qualification
- The ability to be proactive and to take ownership in order to ensure that tasks and projects are seen through to completion
- Communication and interpersonal skills that lead to strong relationships with colleagues across the group's businesses
- Demonstrable technical accounting skills
- Sector experience is a distinct advantage, although not absolutely essential
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a highly dynamic and successful company, with scope to lead to a regional or divisional Finance Director role over time and to provide longer term succession planning for the CFO.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.