Finance Director, UK
Leading E-commerce Group
- £six-figure salary + excellent benefits + bonus
Our client is a rapidly growing business in the e-commerce space, with operations in an increasing number of significant geographies. Offering an innovative B2C product, the group is disrupting the established payment models available to online consumers.
This newly created role will become an integral member of the UK leadership team, providing strategic finance and commercial advice to the UK CEO to ensure the business realises its strategic objectives in the high growth UK market.
Core outcomes of the role are defined below:
- Establishing the UK business and building the UK Finance team as a key foundational member
- Business partnering the UK CEO, driving all aspects of business performance, together with the Global Head of Financial Performance
- Leading all planning and analysis including budgeting, forecasting and strategic scenario planning
- Overseeing all UK operational financial workstreams including reporting, tax and shared services, together with the Global Accounting Team
- Partnering with the broader finance team to ensure best practice reporting and analysis processes are in place as well as alignment with global ways of working
- Delivering on regional KPI’s in partnership with the UK CEO and Global Head of Financial Performance
- Assisting with commercial contracts to ensure that financial and strategic objectives are achieved
- With the UK CEO, lead contract negotiations to achieve strategic outcomes
Core Capabilities & Technical Skills include:
- Exceptional commercial judgment particularly with respect to financial problem solving including deal structuring and procurement
- Demonstrated ability to engage with senior stakeholders internally (e.g. Global CEO and CFO)
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with external stakeholders, particularly commercial partners
- Excellent written and presentation skills with the ability to communicate difficult concepts concisely
- Ability to deliver on all of the “Outcomes” described above autonomously
- Understanding of best practice systems, processes and people organisation
- Ability to problem solve logically and quickly by presenting alternatives, analysing each alternative and providing a recommended option
- Exceptional modelling and financial analysis skills with the ability to quickly and efficiently interpret and translate financials to drive strategic business decisions
- Ability to build, inspire and motivate a regional Finance team to achieve the “Outcomes” described above
- Ability to partner and influence regional Sales and Marketing teams to achieve the “Outcomes” described above
- Develop leadership credibility by demonstrating vision, strong commercial judgement, “knowing the numbers”, providing insights and in-depth knowledge of industry/markets, competition, products and key trends
- Demonstrated ability to work flexibility and at a rapid pace
- A willingness to take guidance from business leaders
- Exceptional attention to detail
To apply for this role, please use the Apply button, or alternatively, email your CV to Justin Dünner: firstname.lastname@example.org or Claire Jefferies: email@example.com quoting reference JD50345.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed organisations, private equity backed businesses and privately owned companies. We recruit across all sectors and have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. Headquartered in London, we have additional offices in continental Europe. For more information, please see www.walkerhamill.com.